Game Rules for Fixed Odds Bets Games
- The Rules contained herein apply to each and every game of LOTTO held within the borders of Zimbabwe and are governed by The Lotteries and Gaming Act and The President’s Fund Trust Terms and Conditions. A copy of the Act and Terms and Conditions can be obtained by calling Customer Support at Mashonalnd Turf Club. They also apply to every person who is involved in playing the game of LOTTO. By completing the LOTTO card on your mobile phone and paying the relevant entrance fee, the player agrees to be bound by the Rules, a summary of which appears on the LOTTO card.
- No person under the age of 18 may purchase a ticket.
- Trustees and employees of The President’s Fund, Mashonaland Turf Club, such Advertising Agency and such Auditors as are being utilized by the Service Provider and/or The President’s Fund from time to time shall not participate in the game.
An individual may purchase as many Lotto tickets as desired. Every ticket must be paid for in money or legal tender in Zimbabwe.
- A ticket shall constitute prima facie evidence only of the placing, existence, terms and details of a LOTTO entry, and is issued subject to the Rules.
- The only conclusive evidence of the placing, existence and terms of a LOTTO entry or of its cancellation shall be the operator’s main computer records, the information contained in which computer record shall override all other evidence represented by and contained in a ticket.
- The game will be conducted at a frequency set by the Management Board and will entail players choosing six numbers, in any order, out of 45 available numbers. At the close of each weekly game a draw will take place to select six numbers from the available forty-five (45). A seventh number shall be considered as a bonus number to receive a consolation prize.
- The player may specifically select six numbers, or receive a selection of six numbers randomly generated by a computer.
- The machine used for the draw will ensure that, six numbers plus an additional (seventh or bonus number) are randomly chosen from the forty-five (45) numbers available. The independent Auditors will check these balls and machine before every draw, to satisfy themselves that the draw is fair and random.
- The Auditors will supervise and control each draw and may order a re-draw if they deem it necessary. Their decision, in this respect, will be final.
- In the event of a malfunction, the draw or any part thereof, shall be performed manually in accordance with the instructions of the Auditors and at their sole discretion. The venue of the draw may change without notice.
- If the player chooses the correct six numbers, he/she wins a prize. If more than one person correctly predicts the numbers, the respective prize pool is shared. If the correct numbers are not predicted, the prize money accumulates for future games.
- A Jackpot Prize Pool will be given for correctly predicting six numbers. Lesser prize pools will be given for correctly predicting five, four and three of the numbers respectively as well as a bonus number for each of these lesser levels.
- The cost of the tickets will be set by the Operator and any changes publicized.
- Players can pay extra for the ability to select more than six numbers and improve their chances respectively.
- A person who enters the game must retain the computer – generated ticket and produce it in order to claim a prize. Prizes will only be paid against production of the original ticket as registered on the main computer records and upon satisfaction of the provisions of Rule 4:2.
- Winning selections can be in any order but must be in the same line on the LOTTO ticket.
- The player has the responsibility of ensuring that any specific numbers selected appear on the LOTTO ticket at the time of purchase.
- Winning tickets must be presented to a LOTTO agent or outlet within 21 days or to the Service Provider’s Head Office within 90 days of the draw date in order to secure a prize. Any prize not claimed within 90 days of the draw date for that game is forfeited and shall be used by the operator as it sees fit. Such use includes improving the next jackpot amount.
- The Pool Prizes will be set by the Service Provider in its sole discretion.
- Tickets relate only to one game and cannot be carried forward past the draw to which they refer.
- The Service Provider of LOTTO, reserves the right to:
- operate one or a variety of games.
- change the game or any part of it.
- publicize the name, address and photograph of any of the winners.
- declare that any portion of the pool must be won.
- determine in which legal tender the prize should be paid.
- pay big prizes by cheque or RTGS.
The Service Provider is required to:
- publicize the winning numbers of each game after the draw.
- advertise the amounts to be won.
- advertise any changes to the game or to the rules.
- The decisions of the Management Board on any matters relating to LOTTO shall be final and no correspondence may be entered into.
- The President’s Fund, the Service Provider, LOTTO agents, their employees and servants shall not be liable if payment is made to a person who is not the valid holder of the ticket. No claim for a prize or refund will be recognized in respect of a lost or mutilated ticket.
- Neither the President’s Fund, nor the Service Provider shall be held liable for any loss or damage sustained by any person whomsoever as a result of the operation of LOTTO and no claim of any nature whatsoever may be made against the President’s Fund or the Service Provider arising in any manner whatsoever from the operations of LOTTO whether through themselves, or their employees, or Agents, or whether arising from allegations of negligence, whether gross or otherwise, or any other alleged act or omission, or from any cause whatsoever.
- In the event of any LOTTO draw being abandoned due to failure of the LOTTO system or for any unforeseen circumstances or act of God, the Service Provider may at its unfettered discretion refund all tickets purchased on that respective LOTTO game at invested value.
- Prizes won by non-residents will be subject to the restrictions of the Zimbabwe Exchange Control Regulations. Neither the President’s Fund nor the Service Provider will make any representations of any nature whatsoever in respect of the remmitability of such prizes.
AUTHORISED IN TERMS OF THE LOTTERIES AND GAMING (EXEMPTION) ACT (CHAPTER 10:13), AS AMENDED BY THE LOTTERIES AND GAMING ACT (CHAPTER 10:26). 19/07/2011